VALUE PICK FEBRUARY ’18: DCM SHRIRAM LIMITED
Company Background –
DCM Shriram, a spin-off from trifurcation of the reputed erstwhile DCM Group in 1990, is a diversified company with business in agri, chemicals, plastics, cement, textiles and energy services.
DCM Shriram Ltd is active in the business of producing chlor-vinyl, fertilizers, inorganic chemicals, caustic soda, hybrid seeds, pesticides, farm inputs, chlorine, calcium carbide, PVC resins, PVC compounds, power and cement.
Business Portfolio of DCM Shriram Comprises Of –
- Agri-Rural Business: Urea & SSP fertilizers, Sugar, Farm inputs marketing such as DAP, Crop care Chemicals, Hybrid Seeds
- Chlor-Vinyl Business: Caustic Soda, Chlorine, Calcium Carbide, PVC resins, PVC Compounds, Power and Cement
- Value Added Business: Fenesta Building Systems- UPVC Windows & Doors
DCM Shriram – Manufacturing Facilities
- DCM Shriram has manufacturing facilities of Fertiliser, Chloro Vinyl & Cement in Kota (Rajasthan) and of Chlor- Alkali in Bharuch (Gujrat).
- The company operates coal-based captive power, facilities – in Kota rated at 133 MW and in Bharuch at 115 MW (Gujrat).
- The Urea plant in Kota has a Production capacity of 379,000 TPA & Chlor- Alkali capacity of 4,50,000 TPA in both Kota & Bharuch.
- DCM Shriram Sugar factories are located in Ajbapur, Rupapur, Hariawan and Loni in Uttar Pradesh, with a combined installed capacity of 33,000 TCD (tonnes crushed daily) and a power-generating capacity of 115 MW.
- The Hybrid seed operations- ‘Bioseed’ started in Hyderabad (India) and now have a global footprint with presence in Vietnam, Philippines and Indonesia.
- Fenesta windows fabrication units are located in Bhiwadi, Hyderabad and Chennai.
All DCM Shriram’s main line locations / products have ISO 9001 & 14001 (Quality & Environment Systems) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Standards) in its facilities.
DCM Shriram – Management Team
DCM Shriram is managed by Mr. Ajay S. Shriram, Chairman & Senior Managing Director, Mr. Vikram S. Shriram, Vice Chairman & Managing Director and Mr Ajit. S. Shriram, Joint Managing Director along with a highly professional executive team.
The company’s shares are listed for trading on National Stock Exchange (NSE) & Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) in India.
Share Holding Pattern
DCM Shriram Ltd – Financials
Considering the techno-funda analysis and sector outlook; DCM Shriram Limited looks good at Rs 540. FinBlab recommends investing in a stock keeping a long-term view in mind. (One can accumulate on decline also).
Previous Content – INDIAN STOCK MARKET WEEKLY REVIEW
Disclaimer: The contents and data presented here are just for your information & personal use only. While much effort is made to provide the information, I ( Vishal Dalwadi ) or “Fin Blab” do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of any information or data displayed herein and shall not be held responsible.