Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers IPO – Company, Price, Analysis
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd – a shipbuilding company in India under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence is planning to raise INR 335.92 Cr – 344.69 Cr (all OFS) via initial public offer (IPO)
Garden Reach Shipbuilders – Company Profile
Incorporated in the year 1913, Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited is a Mini Ratna-Category I company engaged in the business of Ship Building.
Prior to company being initially incorporated as a limited company, Garden Reach Shipbuilders were engaged in the business of operating shipbuilding and repair workshops since 1884 as an unincorporated entity.
In the year 1960, Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd was acquired by the GoI (Government of India) and since then the share capital of Garden Reach Shipbuilders is wholly owned by the President of India along with its nominees from time to time.
Garden Reach Shipbuilders – Business Profile
The Company primarily adheres to the shipbuilding requirements of the Indian Navy and the Indian Coast Guard. In addition to its ship and warship building capabilities, Garden Reach Shipbuilders are engaged in engineering and engine production activities.
The Company currently offers products in three core verticals:
- Shipbuilding: Garden Reach Shipbuilder’s shipbuilding division consists of the construction of vessels for clients engaged in the defence sector shipping industry. Vessels built by the company include anti-submarine warfare corvette, fleet replenishment tanker, fast patrol vessel, frigates, and inshore patrol vessel, landing craft utility, landing ship tank, missile corvette, offshore patrol vessel, survey vessel, WJ-FAC, hover craft and fast interceptor boat.
- Engineering: The Company’s engineering division develops and manufactures anchors, boat davits, marine pumps, mooring and dock capstans, portable steel bridges; rail-less helicopter traversing systems, suspension type pre-fabricated steel bridges, anchor windlass and winches.
- Engine Production: The Company’s engine production division undertakes assembly, testing, servicing and repair of various models of diesel engines used for marine propulsion and power generation through collaboration with the MTU of Germany.
Customers & Revenues
Vast majority of the products that the company manufactures are supplied to Central and State Governments and entities owned and controlled by such Governments. Significant majority of the company’s revenues are derived from sales of shipbuilding products to the Indian Navy and the Indian Coast Guard.
Awards & Certifications
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited has several certifications and accreditations including –
- The TUV Nord’s Certificate affirming that the Management Systems of the Company for manufacturing of ships are as per ISO 14001:2004 and BS-OHSAS 18001-2007 and the Indian Register Quality Systems Certificate affirming that the Management Systems of the 61 Park Unit are as per ISO 9002 – 1994/ EN ISO 9002-2014.
- The Company has also received ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 9001:2015 accreditation for all our facilities for quality management systems.
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers’ aggregate order book as on July 31, 2018 was ₹203,136.10 million, comprising gross order value in the shipbuilding segment, engineering segment and the engine segment of ₹200,294.20 million, ₹851.70 million and ₹1,990.20 million, respectively.
Company Promoters & Holdings
The Promoter of the company is the President of India acting through the Ministry of Defence. The Promoter, along with its nominees, currently holds 100% of the pre-offer paid-up Equity Share capital of the company.
IPO Opening / Closing Date
IPO Details – Price, Minimum Bid and Other
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers – Financial Performance
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited shows uneven growth as far as revenues are concern in last 4 years. The company’s top-line was INR 1629.44 Cr for FY 2015 and the same were INR 1525.75 Cr for the period ends FY 2018.
Same as Revenues, the company was unable to register growth in bottom-line. Company’s PAT for FY2015 stood at INR 51.73 Cr and the same was INR 86.81 Cr for the period ended 31 March 2018.
Considering company’s valuation and financial parameters, FinBlab recommends NEUTRAL ratings on Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited IPO
Also Read –
1) Finblab’s Valuepick Stock for the month of September 2018 – HIL Limited
Disclaimer: The contents and data presented here are just for your information & personal use only. While much effort is made to provide the information, I ( Vishal Dalwadi ) or “Fin Blab” do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of any information or data displayed herein and shall not be held responsible.