VALUE PICK AUGUST ’17: LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED
Company Background –
Larsen & Toubro Limited was incorporated in the year 1946 as a private limited company. Earlier, the company was established as a partnership firm founded by two Danish engineers Henning Holk Larsen with Soren Kristian Toubro in Mumbai. In December 1950, the company became a Public Company with a paid-up capital of Rs.2 million.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) is a technology, engineering, construction, and manufacturing company. The company is one of the largest and most respected companies in IIndia’sprivate sector. The company operates in three segments (1) Engineering & Construction Segment, (2) Electrical & Electronics segment, (3) Machinery & Industrial Products and others.
- The company’s Engineering, Construction & Contracts Division (ECCD) undertakes engineering, design and construction of infrastructure, buildings, factories, water supply, and metallurgical & material handling projects covering civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering disciplines.
- The company’s Engineering & Construction Division designs, engineering and executes projects for hydrocarbon sector with front-end design.
- The company’s heavy engineering division is organized into two independent companies: (1) Heavy Engineering Independent Company and (2) Ship Building Independent Company.
- The company’s Electrical & Electronics division comprises Electrical and Automation Independent Company and Medical Equipment and Systems business.
International Presence –
L&T has an international presence, with a global spread of offices. A thrust on international business has seen overseas earnings grow significantly. It continues to grow its overseas manufacturing footprint, with facilities in China and the Gulf region. The companys businesses are supported by a wide marketing and distribution
network, and have established a reputation for strong customer support.
Awards & Recognition –
The company received a host of awards, medals and trophies for their continuous efforts.
- They received Environmental Excellence Gold award from Greentech Foundation during the years 2003-04 and 2004-05. Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) offered a trophy for high exports.
- The Ministry of Power conferred the first prize in National Energy Conservation for the year 2005.
- During the year 2006-07, A Wall Street Journal survey featured L & T among Asias Most Admired Companies and ranked the company No.1 for the quality of products and for overall reputation.
- In 2015 L&T Won Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management, Award for Excellence in Power Project Execution from the Central Board and Good Corporate Citizen Award.
Listed On –
The company’s shares are listed for trading on National Stock Exchange (NSE) & Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) in India.
Stock Information –
Share Holding Pattern –
Larsen & Toubro Limited – Financials
Considering the techno-funda analysis and sector outlook; Larsen & Toubro Limited looks good at Rs 1175. FinBlab recommends investing in a stock keeping a long-term view in mind.
Click here to see what other brokerage houses said about L&T.
Disclaimer: The contents and data presented here are just for your information & personal use only. While much effort is made to provide the information, I ( Vishal Dalwadi ) or “Fin Blab” do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of any information or data displayed herein and shall not be held responsible.