Bata India Q2 FY2018-19: Sales Lifted by Portfolio Refresh & Consumer Campaigns
Bata India, one of India’s most popular footwear players has announced its Q2 FY 2018-19 numbers just after the market hours!
The country’s largest footwear retailer reported INR 6,731 million in Net Sales for its second quarter ended September 30, 2018 on the back of the successful new brand campaign ‘Be Surprised‘ featuring Kriti Sanon, the stylish Bollywood actor and youth icon as the new face for Bata’s fashion forward women’s range and over 100 new styles.
The stock touched an intraday high of INR 1027.65 and an intraday low of INR 987.35 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE)
The company’s revenue from operations during the quarter ended 30 September stood at INR 673.07 Cr. It was INR 586.89 Cr in the year-ago period, showing 14.68% growth YoY. The Company’s revenue were INR 797.28 Cr for the period ended 30 June 2018.
The footwear major reported 29.8% increase in standalone net profit to INR 55.66 Cr for the second quarter ended September 30, 2018-19. The company had posted standalone net profit of INR 42.89 Cr in the July-September quarter of the last fiscal, Bata India said in a BSE filing.
Words from CEO:
We have built up growth momentum in Q2 with portfolio refresh across categories, and we hope to continue it as we get into the peak festival season.
Our strategy of using youth icons to push our key categories has yielded positive results. Continuing our commitment to provide a world-class shopping experience to our customers, we are expanding the footprint of the ‘Red Angela‘ stores, which are driving additional footfalls as well as improving the brand saliency, said Sandeep Kataria, CEO, Bata India.
BATA INDIA: Company Overview
Incorporated as Bata Shoe Company Private Limited in 1931, today Bata India is the largest retailer and leading manufacturer of footwear in India and is a part of the Bata Shoe Organization.
- History: The company was set up initially as a small operation in Konnagar (near Calcutta) in 1932. In January 1934, the foundation stone for the first building of Bata’s operation – now called the Bata. In the years that followed, the overall site was doubled in area. This township is popularly known as Batanagar. It was also the first manufacturing facility in the Indian shoe industry to receive the ISO: 9001 certification.
- IPO: The Company went public in 1973 when it changed its name to Bata India Limited. Today, Bata India has established itself as India’s largest footwear retailer. Its retail network of over 1375 stores gives it a reach / coverage that no other footwear company can match. The stores are present in good locations and can be found in all the metros, mini-metros and towns.
- Innovation: Bata’s smart looking new stores supported by a range of better quality products are aimed at offering a superior shopping experience to its customers.
- Dealer Network: The Company also operates a large non retail distribution network through its urban wholesale division and caters to millions of customers through over 30,000 dealers.
- Brands: The Company brands include Bata, Mocassiono by Bata, Ambassador by Bata, Bata Comfit, Bubblegummers, Hush Puppies, Marie Claire, North Star, Naturalizer, Power, Scholl, Weinbrenner, Sundrops and Red Label.
Stock Price Movement
The stock ended 2.40% lower to INR 991.00 when the market closed on Friday! During the quarter ended 30 September 2018, the share prices of BATA INDIA rose more than 12%
BATA INDIA on Technical Charts
The stock price of Bata India is trading 7% higher when compared to its 89 EMA (924) and more than 15% higher when compared to its 200 EMA (858)
Also Read –
Disclaimer: The contents and data presented here are just for your information & personal use only. While much effort is made to provide the information, I ( Vishal Dalwadi ) or “Fin Blab” do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of any information or data displayed herein and shall not be held responsible.