Value Pick January ’19: Vadilal Industries Limited
Vadilal Industries Limited is India’s leading food & beverage company (pioneer in Ice-Cream) with a mission of spreading smiles across the world.
History: Vadilal Industries
Vadilal ‘as a brand’ was set up when ice cream wasn’t even an industry India. This remarkable journey started as a gruhudhyog with a small hand cranked ice cream making machine.
Vadilal Gandhi, the founder of the brand ‘Vadilal’ started a soda fountain in Ahemdabad, passed on the business to his son, Ranchodlal, who ran a one-man show and started a small retail outlet in 1926.
From a small outle in 1926, Vadilal had expanded to four ice-cream shops before independence and became popular for its flagship cassata ice cream, which was introduced in the 1950s.
Today, Vadilal is the country’s second-largest ice cream brand by sales.
- With over 24 awards under its belt, people at Vadilal Ice-creams have been spreading Happinezz for over 80 years.
- Continuous innovation in terms of products as well as manufacturing technology, and distribution has enabled Vadilal to remain among the Top 3 brands in the ice cream segment in the country.
- Vadilal Industries adopts a thoughtful and prudent approach to gas policy by insuring best use of natural gas reserves benefiting the nation as a whole.
- The Promoters passion for Food Products kept them restless and inspired people at Vadilal to take up something more challenging, contemporary and diversified.
- The launch of their processed food division Vadilal Quick Treat was the result. With a bagful of products to choose from, the basket of freshness has something for everyone, for anytime of the day and for any occasion.
- Vadilal stands the First and the Only Forex Advisory Company in India with ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
- It has the Lions share of Forex Advisory Market in Gujarat and among the Top Three on All India Basis.
Vadilal group of industries has 3 plants –
- the Bareilly Plant,
- the Dharampur Plant, and
- the Pundhra Plant
Both Pundhra and Bareilly plants are well equipped with the latest world-class manufacturing facilities. The in-house R & D department continuously strives to offer a variety of ice cream flavours.
The Dharampur plant is the Frozen food Vadilal Quik treat plant. Latest Production capacity of frozen products is110 MT / Day, Canning is 110 MT / Day and Ready to eat is about 10 MT / day.
The group ensures the practices carried out in each plant are safe and beneficial for the society.
- 27 Awards Over 4 Consecutive Years at “The Great Indian Ice Cream Contest”
- Ranked No. 18th In The Food Products Category By The Economic Times, 2013
The shares of Vadilal Industries Limited are presently listed at Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE); CODE 519156 and National Stock Exchange (NSE) as VADILALIND
Stock Info – Vadilal Industries Limited
Share Holding Pattern
Financials – Vadilal Industries Limited
Vadilal is the country’s second-largest ice cream brand by sales,
The company is having sound management (one of the greatest example of being run by generations) and the promoters are having steady stake (more than 60%) since last 4 quarters.
Besides, continuous innovation in terms of products as well as manufacturing technology has enabled Vadilal to remain among the Top 3 brands in the ice cream segment in the country.
Considering the above mentioned factors, Vadilal Industries Limited looks good at INR 535. FinBlab recommends investing in a stock keeping a long-term view in mind. (One can accumulate on decline also)
Value Pick : December 2018
Disclaimer: The contents and data presented here are just for your information & personal use only. While much effort is made to provide the information, I ( Vishal Dalwadi ) or “Fin Blab” do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of any information or data displayed herein and shall not be held responsible.